Chris Cross

THE (ULTIMATE) TEST

by Chris Cross on Monday, 06 June 2011 at 09:47


Genesis 22 : 1-19
(cf. Genesis 12 : 1-8)

Faith  is proved by acts of obedience.
Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
There's no way I can love God wholeheartedly if there's still things/people/even myself to which/whom I still attached to.

Hidup dgn tangan yg terbuka, bukan dengan kepalan yg menggenggam.
Not to gain or possess more, but to give and let go in terms of obedience.

v.12
"...now I know that you (Abraham) fear God,because you have not withheld from Me your son, your only son (Isaac)."
Fear = reverential trust in God & commitment to His revealed will
Abraham's faith was made complete by what he did

What will I do/say when my journey w/ God compels me to sacrifice what/whom I love/hold dear the most?
Because nobody/nothing should ever come as more important than my obedience to God.
Will I let go? Will I respond in prompt obedience?
Or will I run or make excuses or held grudge against God?

But Abraham's faith didn't grow in a week, it took a long continuous process,
walked side by side, day by day in a journey w/ God, through all its ups & downs.
Just like us now, I hope. 

What are these words really mean for me & you personally??
(in the light of our relationship w/ God so far)
- Faith
- Action
- Obedience
- Blessing
- To sacrifice what/whom we love/hold dear the most
- Pleasing God
- Unconditional love
- Commitment


--~thelessonfromAbraham,the man-of-faith~--
0 Responses

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers